There is more to the world than just Google Translate, there is also more to the world than just Bing Translate, apparently the ~150 million Russians are also doing great stuff, with Yandex, the most popular search engine in Russia.
Yandex supports many languages and produces different results than the other engines, it also specializes in languages that are spoken inside Russia such as Bashkir, Kirghiz and Tatar. Which we were now able to add to the list of languages, making the total number of supported auto-translated languages to a whopping 95!
The addition of Yandex also triggered changed in the way we deploy auto translations, so it is now possible to set the preference of the translation engine you would like to use.
We also had many (and we mean MANY) bugs fixed in this release, the change log will give you a good taste of this:
- Yandex translator support added
- Added the option to choose preferred translators order via drag and drop
- Fix critical bug in translate post and translate on publish
- Fixes in language selection UI (long language names)
- Fix translation dialog not loading on first click
- No longer expose Google keys externally
- Fix the clean automatic translations in the utils tab
- Support Bashkir, Kyrghiz and Tatar thanks to Yandex – Now supporting 95 Languages!
- Added Swahili support to Bing
- Reduced wait time between posts in translate all to 2 seconds
- Fix shortcodes when wrapping a <p> tag
- New Google icon
- Fix WP_Widget deprecation call for wordpress 4.3
- Minor fix for buddypress search integration
- Fix some cases when https urls would not be rewritten
- Fix rewrite support for three letter languages (currently only ceb)
Enjoy this version!