Posts Tagged minor
New version is here!
Please upgrade! Please, Please upgrade! Please with some sugar on top.
Why you should upgrade?
- This version fixes the Google proxy support, which means that the automated Google Translation will work again.
- This version updates the database format, which means wordpress 4.2 is supported, and you are expected to save ~40% of the current table size
- We finally have an initial version of a backend translation editor, it will show you the strings real people have translated and allow you to quickly review and delete those.
How should you upgrade?
With some luck, you have the option to simply upgrade in your wordpress dashboard. It is recommended that you backup, as there’s no way back after the database upgrade has completed.
Any quirks, issues, problems – the contact us form is your friend.
What is that SuperProxy and why should you enable this?
SuperProxy is our new “Get rich quick” scheme. hmm…
Actually, we are using the end nodes to allow companies and individuals to have distributed access to the web. We will be paying for this traffic, so if you bought a hosting service and you have tons of data transfer you are not using, we will really appreciate that you enable this feature, it will support us and will probably be worth your while. We will publish more details about this as they become available.
And – to the rest of the changelog:
- Woo integration fixes
- Ditch the base64 encoding and reduce size of translatable pages
- Widget fixes makes flags show correctly when wrong box sizing was used
- Removal of front end progress bar, it was rarely seen or used and caused more trouble than it was worth
- 3 new languages supported by bing
- locale shortcode en_US
- avoid translation of non text/json content fixes issues with some download addon plugins
- Support the placeholder attribute, thanks Mark Serellis
- Some support to the business directory plugin
So – Enjoy this version, and don’t be a stranger, let us know how it works for you.
They didn’t go very far, please watch this video or read the instructions below.
What should you do to get them back?
Just upgrade to the full version using the following instructions:
- Upgrade to the latest version from wordpress.org (which will be the last, there)
- Check “allow upgrade to full version” in the settings
- Check for upgrades and perform the upgrade, that’s all!
What’s new in version 0.9.3:
- Update will work from our site
- Some bug fixes
- Ability to remove the rel=alternate which was not always useful
- (0.9.3.1) We have released a sub version to incorporate the new languages supported by Google, making our total count – 73! (If anyone here speaks Hmong, please contact us)
We hope you’ll enjoy this version.
Yes, it was over four years since the first version of Transposh for wordpress was released. And indeed, we have come a very long way.
Transposh is being used by thousands of sites all over the web, and we have many happy users (and a few less happy ones ).
This version, 0.9.2, is not really what we expected to have by now, after four years we would have expected that a version one (maybe even two) will already have been released. But apparently, life does rarely proceed as you plan it to.
The title of this posts actually refers to a new behaviour of our parser, when we used to encounter an (which should be a non-breaking space) we actually broke the phrase into two, which is rather the exact opposite of what things should have been. So hopefully this is now fixed, and we’ll no longer break!
Other changes include:
- Basic support for Woocommerce integration
- Override the case when other plugins or themes cause the process_page to be called prematurely
- Fix a nasty bug when the same translation appeared in a paragraph more than once
- Bing have added two languages
- Fix the bug reported by dserber disallowing language selection on post where translate_on_publish was disabled
- Update for .po files, Turkish Translation by Ömer Faruk Karabulut
You will enjoy this version! This is an order!
Should have posted earlier about 0.9.1 which is a rather nice version with some nice improvements. But we have waited for this extremely nice animation, made on Fiverr by an amazing animator, that happens to be related by blood to the team here
We have also created a nice Widget Gallery page, just go and see!
Other changes include:
- Added some help inside the Admin interface for very common questions (keys – no, you don’t need keys by default)
- Allow jQueryUI version to be overriden, resolving many conflicts (old themes, all sort of components with unsorted versions of jQuery and jQueryUI)
- A fix when some bad plugins insert .css in an inappropriate way (this disabled the ability to see which languages were selecred)
- Added the transposh_echo function – see our development site for documentation and usage
- Fixes for widgets, easier inclusion with shortcodes, old dropbox fixes, ids removed
- Adding touch punch to admin, allowing language selection on touch devices
- Fixes for minor issues discovered since 0.9.0
What are you waiting for? Download the latest version now!
Well, Google just announced on their translate blog that they will support Lao, the official language of Laos, so we have added the code required and did a quick release with support to this language, which is also supported by One Hour Translation.
The version is already out for a few days but the real problem with getting this post live was finding a picture. We are not quite sure it is the most appropriate picture, but at least it rhymes.
Enjoy this new version.